There is a deli just around the corner from us that makes a delicious Orange Couscous salad. I would probably eat it every day if I could. Tonight, as I was staring into the cupboard thinking "what's for dinner" I saw the Couscous and thought I could go some Orange Couscous.... dinner is sorted!! It was absolutely delicous and with the addition of mint, it brought it up to a whole new level.
For the Couscous:
1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (approx 4 oranges)
2 cups Couscous
1/2 cup water
1 cup Cashews
1 cup Raisins
2-3 Spring Onions, chopped finely
1 Capsicum, diced
For the Dressing:
1 cup orange juice (approx 2 oranges)
2 tbs water (or Olive oil if you prefer)
4 tbs White Wine Vinegar
1 tbs Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tbs freshly chopped mint
1. Place the 1 1/2 cups of Orange juice and Water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling, remove from the heat, add the Couscous and give a quick stir. Add the lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
3. Fluff the Couscous with a fork and place into the fridge to cool.
4. To prepare the Dressing add the Orange juice, Water, White Wine Vinegar, Honey (or Maple Syrup), Onion powder and mint into a jar and shake well.
5. Place the cooled Couscous, salad dressing, Cashews, Raisins, Spring Onions and Capsicum into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Place back into the fridge to completely cool down and serve.