It's that time of year again where a runny nose and cough can become more apart of the family than you want. Children can get between 6-10 colds a year, most seem to reoccur one after the other. We are up to our third bout in as many weeks! So I decided to try a natural cough syrup to see if it could make a difference. It has worked really well so I wanted to share it with you all. The best thing is, it uses two ingredients and is quite simple to do.
This remedy soothes a sore throat and can help alleviate a persistent cough. Adults take 1 Tbs when required, children take 1/2-1 Tsp when required.
300 mls Honey
1. Place whole lemon in a saucepan and cover with water. Allow to boil for 2 minutes
2. Place honey in separate saucepan and gently heat (do not allow to boil)
3. Once lemon has boiled for 2 minutes, allow to cool enough to cut
4. Cut lemon into small wedges and add to honey, continue heating for 5-10mins
5. Turn heat off and allow honey/lemon to infuse
6. Once almost cool, scrap away flesh of lemons into mixture and throw skins away
7. Keep in fridge for up to two weeks